Fundraising is a major part of what musicworks needs to do, in order to continue its good work. We could not do any of it without our volunteers. Our volunteers have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience, meet interesting people, do something amazing for their community or showcase their talent! It is amazing the difference one person can make by doing simple fundraising activities. Here are some ideas:
How Can You Help?
You could complete a sponsored challenge like walking, climbing, swimming or singing. Do you know someone you would sponsor to just be silent? The options are endless!
You can set up a fundraising page on BT My Donate for your friends to sponsor you OR download a sponsor form and poster here:
musicworks Sponsorship Form (Word 32kb)
Template Sponsorship Poster (Word 727kb)
Is there a local event in your area? Ask the organisers if you could do a bucket collection at the event for musicworks and enjoy the event at the same time! Speak directly to the event organisers OR download the template request letter here:
Bucket Collection Letter (Word 83kb)
You can make a donation at any time via our BT My Donate page.
Why not host a fundraising event in your area? You could hold a cake & coffee morning at school, work or home? You could wash cars, walk dogs or anything else that you know you can commit to. You could hold a raffle with donated prizes. Ask local shops and businesses if they would donate prizes OR download a template letter of appeal and poster templates here:
Fundraising Event Letter (Word 83kb)
Template Bake Sale Poster (Word 915kb)
Template car wash Poster (Word 426kb)
musicworks is all about showcasing musical talent! Are you a musician or in a band? Maybe you could put on a gig with some of the proceeds going to the charity. Let your audience know via social media OR download a poster template here:
Template Event Poster (Word 327kb)
musicworks hosts a range of shows and fundraising events. These events aim to showcase the talents of local musicians, singers and performers whilst raising funds for ‘Music in Care’ and other projects. Our events are entertaining and a great way to meet new people.
If you would like to help out at such events with jobs such as Organising, Administration, Photography, Tech support, Charity etc, please contact us.
musicworks is planning a ‘Music in Care’ project for groups and needs talented and self-confident people who can play piano, guitar or similar whilst singing a wide selection of songs, some of which will be chosen by group participants. Songs will
be prepared before sessions. Project training available. Please contact us for more information.
Do you have an old iPod or MP3 player? musicworks can pass these to people to allow them access to personalised music. You can donate new or used iPod/MP3 players or new headphones (headband style rather than ear buds please). Why not ask your school, club or organisation to organise an iPod/MP3 player collection? Download a template letter of appeal and poster template here:
Charity Donation Letter (Word 83kb)
Template Equipment Collection Poster (Word 157kb)
Please return devices to their factory settings and send, along with any spare battery charger or cables to: 26 Pierrepont Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 5BP.
If you love to shop till you drop online, you can support musicworks very easily by signing up to easyfundraising.org.uk and registering to support us. You don’t pay anything extra – just register, go to the website you want to buy from via the easyfundraising website and they do the rest!
We offer our volunteers support and useful resources to help them get the very best out of their event, for example:
- Advice on organising a musicworks event if needed
- Assistance to promote your event on social media and press where appropriate
- Materials that you can print and use for fundraising events e.g. Banners, collecting buckets, Posters, flyers, raffle tickets.
- A visit from a musicworks board member where appropriate
musicworks would appreciate sponsorship by companies on a one-off basis, as charity of the year or longer term.
The benefits of supporting musicworks:
- Encourages community relations
- Generates positive PR.
- Gives staff a chance to try new activities and Team building challenges.
- Increases awareness of your brand.
- Boosts staff morale
- Promotes a feeling of satisfaction.
- Provides tax breaks.
- Creates a good working environment for staff, where they feel they can give something back in a practical way.
- The relationship is tailored depending on the level of support you can give, from Charity of the Year to ad hoc support.
We promise to recognise your support by:
- Keeping you updated about our activities via our bi-annual newsletter issued to all of our supporters, followers, beneficiaries etc.
- Featuring you in our bi-annual newsletter
- Promoting your contribution fundraising events and achievements on our social media and in the press
- Use of our ‘Proud to Support’ logo for your company literature.
- Access to useful fundraising materials including banners, collecting cans, posters and flyers etc…
- Option to receive on-site presentations
- Certificates and regular ‘Thank you’ letters to circulate and display internally.